Home To Montford Point Detachment 158, has been in Detroit over 60 years.
Chartered in 1956 for over 60 years The Montford Point Marines Detachment 158 has served honorably in the Marine Corps League.
The Marines of Montford Point Detachment 158
Beginning with WWII to the present day conflicts globally, Detachment 158 stands as faithful examples of the high principles and worthy purposes of the Marine Corps League.
VISION FOR A NEW DETROIT
To help make Detroit a Model City for all its citizens, that attracts people to live, work, visit and do business.
(1) To preserve the traditions and promote the interests of the United States Marine Corps.
(2) To band together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps and those who have been Honorably Discharged from the United States Marine Corps in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American Freedom and Democracy. For the good of the League
(3) To fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve as ably as citizens as they have served this Nation under arms.
(4) To foster a love for the principles which they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
(5) To hold sacred the history and memory of those Marines who have given their lives for our Nation.
(6) To maintain true allegiance to American Institutions.
(7) To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and former Marines as well as their widows and orphans.
(8) To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines.
(9) To create a bond of comradeship between those still serving and those who have returned to civilian life. All for the good of The League
ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE